Friday, December 19, 2008

Tepee Time Gal II

A second installment with more pictures. I finally located my soft copy of dad's crew picture. I have also found a few more pictures of Tepee Time Gal.

Dad's Crew

Back Row (L to R): Donald J. Anderton (Dad), Harold Syverson, William Hulen, Everet Gustafson

Front Row (L to R): Gordon Webber, Virgil Froussard, Donald Shores, Gabriel Lahiere, Herb Simon, John Sims

Tepee Time Gal undergoing some heavy maintenance. Late winter 1945

Tepee Time Gal doing her thing

The starboard side of Tepee Time Gal.


Tepee Time early in her career

3 comments:

HBrooks said...

The early picture of Tepee Time Gal was taken in February 1944 my father Harold Brooks was the first pilot of this aircraft his navigator was Sammy Ginsburg and a star of David was placed on the right side of the fuselage. My father had his name "Eligble Brooks" on the left side of the fuselage below and rear of pilots position. This aircraft completed over 120 bombing missions and after extensive repair returned to Arizona to be scrapped. My father went on to be a Combat Bomber Pilot in Korea flying the B-29 and in Vietnam flying the B-52. I grew up on SAC Bases all over the USA.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I was so happy to find your page. My grandfather Jim O'Boyle was the tail gunner on Tepee Time Gal when Harold Brooks father was the pilot. Its nice to see your post keeping their stories alive. I wonder how many crews flew her? Thanks G Gomez (O'Boyle)